Business & Industry
- Appalachian State University
- Davidson College
- Duke University
- East Carolina University
- Elizabeth City State University
- Fayetteville State University
- North Carolina A&T State University
- North Carolina Central University
- North Carolina State University
- University of North Carolina at Asheville
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- Wake Forest Baptist Health
- Winston-Salem State University
Nonprofit Research Institutions
- North Carolina Biotechnology Center A private, nonprofit corporation developing the state's biotechnology industry.
- Consulting Veterinary Services
- North Carolina's Eastern Region The economic development agency for a 13-county region. It offers confidential site location assistance and information to companies considering the Eastern Region for a business location or expansion.
- Ward Peterson Consulting
- Allentown An industry leader in supplying quality products and services to biomedical research facilities.
- McElroy-Bacon Consulting Services A continuing education consultant with more than 25 years of experience in planning and implementing professional development conferences, workshops and seminars. Offers meeting planning services, including budgeting, organizing, marketing, location logistics and program evaluation.
- Americans for Medical Progress
- BASF Plant Science
- Biogen Idec Foundation
- Carolina Biological Supply
- Carolinas Biological Safety Association
- Charles River
- Elpro Services
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Kenan Fellows Program
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton
- Lab Products
- Lenovo US
- North Carolina Biosciences Organization
- North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
- North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics
- North Carolina Science, Mathematics, and Technology Education Center
- Novozymes North America
- RTI International
- World Courier
Bioscience Leaders Emeriti: Distinguished Leaders in Bioscience Research and Development
These distinguished North Carolinians continue to provide outstanding leadership in research and development and in the transformation of the state through scientific discovery and innovation. Their extraordinary vision over the years has illuminated the pathway of science excellence to the benefit of all of North Carolina.
- William G. Anlyan, M.D.
Chancellor Emeritus, Duke University School of Medicine
- Enriqueta C. Bond, Ph.D.
Former President, Burroughs Wellcome Fund
- Stuart F. Bondurant, M.D.
Emeritus Dean, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine
- Richard H. Dean, M.D.
President Emeritus, Wake Forest University Health Sciences
- Charles E. Hamner, D.V.M, Ph.D.
Former President and Chief Executive Officer, North Carolina Biotechnology Center
- James B. Hunt, Jr.
Former Governor, State of North Carolina
- Robert A. Ingram
Former Chief Executive Officer and Chairman, GlaxoWellcome
- Richard Janeway, M.D.
Executive Vice President for Health Affairs Emeritus, Wake Forest University
- H. Martin Lancaster
Former United States Congressman
Former President, North Carolina Community College System
- Quentin W. Lindsey, Ph.D.
Former Science and Public Policy Adviser to the Governor of North Carolina
Executive Director of the North Carolina Board of Science and Technology
- Ernest Mario, Ph.D.
Former Chief Executive and Deputy Chairman, Glaxo plc
- James G. Martin, Ph.D.
Former Governor, State of North Carolina
- James O. Roberson
Former President and Chief Executive Officer, Research Triangle Foundation of North Carolina
- Charles A. Sanders, M.D.
Former President and Chief Executive Officer, Glaxo Inc.
- Oliver Smithies, D.Phil.
2007 Nobel Laureate in Physiology or Medicine
Weatherspoon Eminent Distinguished Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine
- Ralph Snyderman, M.D.
Chancellor Emeritus, Duke University
- Philip R. Tracy
Former President and Chief Executive Officer, Burroughs Wellcome Co.