North Carolina Biotechnology Center A private, nonprofit corporation developing the state’s biotechnology industry.
McElroy-Bacon Consulting Services A continuing education consultant with more than 25 years of experience in planning and implementing professional development conferences, workshops and seminars. Offers meeting planning services, including budgeting, organizing, marketing, location logistics and program evaluation.
Americans for Medical Progress
Association of American Universities Association of Public and Land-grant Universities
BASF Plant Science
Burroughs Wellcome Fund
Carolina Biological Supply
Carolinas Biological Safety Association
Edna H. Tompkins Trust
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Kenan Fellows Program
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton
Maine Regulatory Training and Ethics Center
National Geographic Learning | Cengage Learning
National Institutes of Health
National Science Foundation
North Carolina Biosciences Organization
North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics
North Carolina Science, Mathematics, and Technology Education Center
North America Pfizer
North Carolina Society of Toxicology Regional Chapter (NC SOT)
Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research (PRIM&R)
Research Triangle Branch, AALAS
Society of Toxicology
States United for Biomedical Research
U.S. Department of Commerce
Bioscience Leaders Emeriti: Distinguished Leaders in Bioscience Research and Development
These distinguished North Carolinians continue to provide outstanding leadership in research and development and in the transformation of the state through scientific discovery and innovation. Their extraordinary vision over the years has illuminated the pathway of science excellence to the benefit of all of North Carolina.
- Enriqueta C. Bond, Ph.D. Former President, Burroughs Wellcome Fund
- Richard H. Dean, M.D. President Emeritus, Wake Forest University Health Sciences
- Charles E. Hamner, D.V.M, Ph.D. Former President and Chief Executive Officer, North Carolina Biotechnology Center
- James B. Hunt, Jr. Former Governor, State of North Carolina
- H. Martin Lancaster Former United States Congressman Former President, North Carolina Community College System
- Ernest Mario, Ph.D. Former Chief Executive and Deputy Chairman, Glaxo plc
- James G. Martin, Ph.D. Former Governor, State of North Carolina
- Charles A. Sanders, M.D. Former President and Chief Executive Officer, Glaxo Inc.
- Ralph Snyderman, M.D. Chancellor Emeritus, Duke University
- Philip R. Tracy Former President and Chief Executive Officer, Burroughs Wellcome Co.