Appalachian State University Atrium Health Becton Dickinson Campbell University Charles River Laboratories (PAI) Davidson College Duke University East Carolina University Meredith College Mispro Biotech Services National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences North Carolina A&T State University North Carolina Central University North Carolina State University University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill University of North Carolina at Charlotte University of North Carolina at Greensboro University of North Carolina at Pembroke University of North Carolina at Wilmington U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Wake Forest Baptist Health Winston-Salem State University
North Carolina Biotechnology Center A private, nonprofit corporation developing the state’s biotechnology industry.
McElroy-Bacon Consulting Services A continuing education consultant with more than 25 years of experience in planning and implementing professional development conferences, workshops and seminars. Offers meeting planning services, including budgeting, organizing, marketing, location logistics and program evaluation.
Americans for Medical Progress Association of American Universities Association of Public and Land-grant Universities a-tune BASF Plant Science Biogen Biogen Foundation BioNetwork Burroughs Wellcome Fund Carolina Biological Supply Carolinas Biological Safety Association Charles River CITI Program Federal Bureau of Investigation FoodMASTER GlaxoSmithKline Kenan Fellows Program Key Solutions Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton Lab Products Lenovo US Maine Regulatory Training and Ethics Center National Geographic Learning | Cengage Learning National Institutes of Health National Science Foundation North Carolina Biosciences Organization North Carolina Department of Public Instruction North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics North Carolina Science, Mathematics, and Technology Education Center Novozymes North America Pfizer Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research (PRIM&R) Research Triangle Branch, AALAS RTI International Society of Toxicology States United for Biomedical Research Syneos Health U.S. Department of Commerce U.S. Navy Verizon Wells Fargo
Bioscience Leaders Emeriti: Distinguished Leaders in Bioscience Research and Development
These distinguished North Carolinians continue to provide outstanding leadership in research and development and in the transformation of the state through scientific discovery and innovation. Their extraordinary vision over the years has illuminated the pathway of science excellence to the benefit of all of North Carolina.
- Enriqueta C. Bond, Ph.D. Former President, Burroughs Wellcome Fund
- Richard H. Dean, M.D. President Emeritus, Wake Forest University Health Sciences
- Charles E. Hamner, D.V.M, Ph.D. Former President and Chief Executive Officer, North Carolina Biotechnology Center
- James B. Hunt, Jr. Former Governor, State of North Carolina
- Robert A. Ingram Former Chief Executive Officer and Chairman, GlaxoWellcome
- H. Martin Lancaster Former United States Congressman Former President, North Carolina Community College System
- Ernest Mario, Ph.D. Former Chief Executive and Deputy Chairman, Glaxo plc
- James G. Martin, Ph.D. Former Governor, State of North Carolina
- Charles A. Sanders, M.D. Former President and Chief Executive Officer, Glaxo Inc.
- Ralph Snyderman, M.D. Chancellor Emeritus, Duke University
- Philip R. Tracy Former President and Chief Executive Officer, Burroughs Wellcome Co.